Sunday, November 22, 2009

Early Turkey Trot

So I got a fun call a few weeks ago and it's my sista wanting to do a run. Yay! I wasn't going to be in town for Chico's turkey trot but invited her to run in Davis' turkey trot. She and my dad showed up bright and early at my home so we could make our way to Davis' turkey trot. It was COLD. I layered my kids up and brought blankets to tuck them in the stroller. We did a 5K and my hands were numb by the end. We had our cheering section at the finish line and Lei wants me to do a race where she can go in the stroller. This 5K had the option for strollers. So I told her I would next time. Me and Lindsay finished under 30 minutes, still waiting for the official time to be printed. Best part? The shirt of course! And to have a buddy to do the race with!

2 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

That's so awesome Stacy!!!!! I was totally there and hoping to see someone from our ward. Sad I missed ya. I ran the 10k though so you were probably already running by the time we got there. Awesome time, go Stacy!!! Love the shirts and guess what, it was 38 degree's that morning! Crazy ha??

Arreola Family said...

Thats so cool I wish I was there to have seen you guys run. You look great. I hope you are doing good. I thinking of you guys all the time. Hey will and I want to come see you guys this summer with are little girl. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and a fun week. Miss you tons :)